Pad Thai isn’t the only Thai food out there.
In fact, there is such a diversity (and abundance) of Thai food available that in 2.5 years of on-and-off living in Thailand, I’ve only managed to eat Pad Thai a handful of times.
Note: Pad Thai is probably one of the most famous world recognized Thai foods, a dish made of stir fried medium sized rice noodles.
Introducing the Eating Thai Food Guide – the all-inclusive guide to eating Thai food, ordering Thai meals, and learning how to do it all!
Have you ever seen food and wanted it but…
You didn’t know how to order it? This happens to me throughout the world when I travel, and normally I solve it with a little “show and tell,” to the chef that sometimes works effectively – but I still feel (and know) that I miss out on most of the local dishes available (that I might not even know existed).
Finally, I’ve remained stable (somewhat) for the last few years in Thailand, giving myself some time to dig deep into the rich Thai cuisine and explore the everlasting options of Thai food that exist.
Get exclusive updates
Enter your email and I’ll send you the best travel food content.
The e-book guide is a compilation of my addiction to eating Thai food. I’m excited to share the experiences that I have learned in my quest to devour as much Thai food as my body can physically handle.
The meal ordering unwritten law
There’s an unwritten law in Thailand that pertains to every meal; all dishes in a meal must be ordered to a perfect tongue-tasting equal balance.
This means there should be something sour, something sweet, something spicy, something soupy, something meaty, something veggie, and all of these tastes…to the extreme! This is something that is engrained into the Thai culture; meals are a way of life.
Thai food is a dining experience and a chance to enjoy a meal with the company of friends and family. Food in Thailand is traditionally served in a manner Westerners might recognize as family style; everyone has an individual plate of rice and all the accompanying dishes are shared together.
Ordering this pleasureful combination of a balanced Thai food meal can be frustrating and confusing because there are so many different kinds of Thai dishes, so many variations, and so many ways to order them.
The Eating Thai Food Guide is the solution for discovering and eating Thai food with confidence!
Click Here for much more information and testimonials about the guide!
Here’s a little break down of what’s in the 88-page Eating Thai Food Guide:
- Thai Meal Plans – Thai food is served family style (everyone gets a plate of rice and shares the main dishes), the Eating Thai Food Guide is full of easy-to-use meal plans that show exactly what dishes to order to enjoy a complete and delicious Thai feast!
- Top Thai Food Lists – This section of the guide includes 16 of the most popular Thai dishes as well as 16 of my personal favorite Thai dishes (all with photos)!
- Solo Eating – Think you will be doing a lot of solo Thai dining? This section has 16 popular dishes that are served on a single plate.
- Bangkok Thai Restaurants – This section of the guide is only valid for those visiting Bangkok – a few of my personal favorite restaurants that the city has to offer.
- Thai Food Etiquette – Do you know how to pour drinking water in Thailand (pour the wrong way and it means you are pouring for the dead ancestors)? And nope, chopsticks aren’t that common in Thailand (unless eating soup noodles).
- Genres of Thai Food – Do you like Thai sticky rice, or do you prefer food that goes with plain rice? There’s a big difference in the genres of Thai food.
- Styles of Thai Cooking – The basic methods of Thai cooking styles
- Important Food Phrases – Thai is not the easiest language to be thrown into, so there are a few important food ordering phrases that are written in English, phonetic pronunciation, and Thai script!
- Thai Noodle Guide – Want to get out and explore the array of Thai noodles? Thailand doesn’t just have a single kind of noodle, there are so many different sizes, shapes, and varieties. The guide explains (with photos) the main types of Thai noodles – so you know which one to order!
- Ultimate Thai Food Guide – The biggest section of this book is the Ultimate Thai Food Guide, basically an encyclopedia of over 140 dishes of what I think are the best Thai foods. For each dish that is featured, there is a photo, the name of the dish, the pronunciation guide, the Thai script, main ingredients, what genre of Thai food it is, and lastly the approximate price (only for Thailand).
- Thai Drinks List – A list of common and interesting Thai drinks that are usually available to order along with meals in Thailand.
- PLUS – Over 60 Thai desserts with pictures included!
Read more about what the guide offers!
Are you vegetarian or a health conscious eater?
The Eating Thai Food Guide has all kinds of suggestions and tips to help you order Thai food healthier or even completely vegetarian. This guide offers suggestions of Thailand’s tastiest and healthiest dishes!
Do you enjoy Thai food…but you aren’t in Thailand?
Even if you aren’t in Thailand (or have no plans to visit), the Eating Thai Food Guide can provide awesome meal selections and photos of Thai food to help you order the best Thai food from any Thai restaurant around the world! It can also be beneficial if you just want to learn more about Thai cuisine in general!
The bottom line…
The Eating Thai Food Guide has been a project that I’ve been working on for the last few months (but information I’ve accumulated for the last few years) and I am truly excited to finally have it launched and ready to go!
The guide is now on sale for just $7 USD.
For the price of just 1 meal, begin taking advantage of the incredible world of Thai cuisine – don’t miss out on all the best Thai food!
You can grab a copy right here and start eating Thai food like a champion!
Thanks so much for your help and support!
– Mark Wiens
Get exclusive updates
Enter your email and I'll send you the best travel food content.